[rrd-users] Is it possible to Access an RRD Remotely (e.g. by connecting to that machine's RRDTool over a socket)

Miguel Sevilla msevilla79 at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 28 18:46:00 CEST 2010

Bernard/Steve/Reinhard,

So you guys listed 3 options for remote access to the RRD:

1)  rrd server
http://www.mrtg.org/rrdtool/doc/rrdtool.en.html

2) rrdcached
http://www.mrtg.org/rrdtool/doc/rrdcached.en.html

3) JSON output for rrdtool (XPORT mod)
http://oss.oetiker.ch/rrdtool/forum.en.html#nabble-td5629054|a5629054

rrd server with inetd will probably suffice, however, I'll be looking at all three and seeing which one works out the best.

You guys are too awesome.  Thanks for the very useful information and prompt responses.  Thanks again for your time and help!

Miguel