[rrd-users] break in line graph when using IF...

Pablo Sanchez pablo at blueoakdb.com
Thu Oct 28 20:45:50 CEST 2010

[ Comments below, in line ]

On Thursday 28 October 2010 at 2:32 pm, Anders Kvist penned
about "[rrd-users] break in line graph when using IF..."

> Hi Guys

... there may be some woman on the list.  ;)

> It would be nice to have the temperature graph as one continuous
> line, but right now, it's broken each time the temperature goes up
> or under 8 degrees. Can this be done in an other way?

I believe what you want to do is specify `UNKN' rather than 0.  Give
it a shot:

> CDEF:tempover=temp,8,GT,0,temp,IF
> CDEF:tempunder=temp,8,GT,temp,0,IF

  CDEF:tempover=temp,8,GT,UNKN,temp,IF
  CDEF:tempunder=temp,8,GT,temp,UNKN,IF

Cheers,
--
Pablo Sanchez - Blueoak Database Engineering, Inc
Ph:    819.459.1926      Fax:   760.860.5225 (US)