[rrd-users] Counter resets - how to handle?

Philip Peake philip at vogon.net
Wed Sep 15 18:18:43 CEST 2010

 Thanks Alex.

I had actually just been pushing zeros into the DB while the process was
down.

I see what you are doing - enter an "unknown" value, which will "reset"
the counter, then zero as a reference point, followed by the actual value.

I can't do exactly this, because my DB actually contains 9 counters, and
typically only one of them will go offline.

However, I do know when it goes offline, so the first time I can enter a
'U', and subsequently just zeros. Then when it comes back online it
should pick up correctly.