[rrd-users] basic rrdtool usage - short intervals

Pablo Sanchez pablo at blueoakdb.com
Sat Sep 18 12:08:26 CEST 2010

[ Comments below, in line ]

On Saturday 18 September 2010 at 2:16 am, Charles Sprickman penned
about "Re: [rrd-users] basic rrdtool usage - short intervals"

> Anyhow, thanks again - this is an awesome tool.  I'm looking at
> %busy and ops/sec for 4 disks in a zfs raidz-1 setup as well as
> system load and the size of the zfs arc cache while I do some bulk
> loads into postgres and fiddle with various tuning parameters.  I
> settled on a 5 second sample.  Having a visual representation of
> what's going on is great.

Howdy,

If you can manage it, I'd go with three second samples.  When I'm
doing DB tuning, I try to bring down my sample period as short as
possible without affecting the running system.

Cheers,
--
Pablo Sanchez - Blueoak Database Engineering, Inc
Ph:    819.459.1926      Fax:   760.860.5225 (US)