[rrd-users] step period, start and end

Justin Carroll justcarroll at gmail.com
Wed Sep 22 15:40:17 CEST 2010

Thanks for the information.

It does make sense that everything would be related to UTC.  I don't really
want to fudge the time zone info here and you mentioned "If you want a
period other than that you will need to keep a more detailed set of data and
do things slightly differently."  Please explain.

Also, if a data source is GAUGE then "These are "real" values so they should
match what we put in" the rrd.  If the source of data is an accumulation ie.
total number of cars past a certain point with respect to time, then the
data will reflect just that.  In this particular case I am not measuring
rate.

I hope this clears up my use.

Justin