[rrd-users] Add variables to existing RRD

Michel de Lange michel_de_lange at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Apr 27 09:29:24 CEST 2011

Dear experts,

I am new to RRD. I have worked my way through the tutorials and experimented a little, and things are going fine. I am happy to have found this tool, because it does exactly what I want.

However, I will need to occasionally add (or remove) variables to an existing rrd, and hence to the rra's.

How is this done?

I have found, in the archives, some old suggestions that I might unload the database, and reload it. Is this still the way to do it, and if so, can you point me to detailed instructions?

With kind regards, and thank you for your attention,

Michel