[rrd-users] rrdcached and recreated files

Martin Sperl rrdtool at martin.sperl.org
Fri Aug 5 09:07:24 CEST 2011

Hi!

While doing test-runs with rrdcache on a specific dataset, I have come
across the following issue:

It seems as if rrdcached does not recognize if a file has been removed
and then recreated again - it still retains the information about the
last update time.

I did also try to connect to the socket and got stats output:
STATS
9 Statistics follow
QueueLength: 0
UpdatesReceived: 145268
FlushesReceived: 80
UpdatesWritten: 19
DataSetsWritten: 144719
TreeNodesNumber: 17
TreeDepth: 5
JournalBytes: 17962296
JournalRotate: 0

So 0 things in the queue

but I can not get a list of files that are in the cache but not queued,
so I can not even clean those out via FORGET ...
And there is no FORGETALL or similar that could help...

The only way it seems to work is via restarting the cache after removal
of the rrd files
And then the cache will complain about the old entries in Journal like this:

     handle_request_update: stat (/home/msperl/.../webcheck.rrd) failed.
- even though these have been updated before successfully and there was
nothing left in the queue...
And the same lines come repeatedly - it does not cache that the file is
not there (at least during cache replay)

Any Ideas how to get a flush going?
Also how to clean/truncate the journal when there is nothing in the queue?

Thanks,
                 Martin