[rrd-users] Getting Total Bytes from COUNTER Data Source

Chris Mason chris at noodles.org.uk
Wed Dec 28 19:28:10 CET 2011

Actually, for data missing in the middle of a time period I would
prefer it to use averages - this makes sense.
The big problem I have is with missing data at the beginning of the
first step - a 24hr step RRA is always going to over estimate if you
start filling it sometime after midnight whereas the 5min step RRA
won't.

e.g.
 if I create an RRD at 23:00 then I would always have 23 hours of over
estimated data.

/Chris