[rrd-users] Trend of Daily Peaks

Karl Fischer rrd-users at ficos.de
Wed Feb 9 20:51:19 CET 2011

Am 09.02.2011 20:09, schrieb Kyle Brandt:
> A lot of my data peaks each day during the busiest hours, so the
> graphs basically form a wave. Is there a way I can CDEF a trend that
> is the trend of these peaks instead of the full set of data?

only if you can mathematically define what a peak is.

Let's say you could CDEF/VDEF the AVERAGE and the MAX over the entire
period and then define that everything between AVG & MAX is a peak.
That could be trended ... but that's probably not what you want.

You could also define a new rra::MAX with a period of maybe 1 hour
and then trend the values out of this rra ...

I have similar problems where a certain behavior is easy to spot
visually but almost impossible to define mathematically ...

- Karl