[rrd-users] Trend of Daily Peaks

Kyle Brandt kyle at kbrandt.com
Wed Feb 9 21:00:56 CET 2011

If possible I would really like to do it all in the graph.

To define the peak mathematically something like the following would
be ideal. Break the day into hour blocks and average out of the
bandwidth usage of the blocks. Then take that result and pick the
highest value block as the peak value for the day.  Lastly, trend
these values over a larger period of time. This seems like something
that would be easy to do in the rra originally -- but I want to work
with existing data.

Does that make sense?