[rrd-users] RRA

Simon Hobson linux at thehobsons.co.uk
Thu Jul 7 16:38:30 CEST 2011

fadwa salam wrote:

>but i think your idea is the same as making all in the loop to build
>it in one go
>the problem is: when i made rrdtool info rrd_file.rrd ,only one RRA
>is created and took the last value of pdp and nb: it's mean pdp3 and
>nb3

Look, you've got to help us to help you. We don't know what you are
doing, how you're doing it, and what you're seeing. So at the moment
it comes down to :
you are running some script about which we know nothing, it's doing
something we know nothing about, and the results aren't what you
expect ! On that basis it's impossible to help.

Perhaps if you posted the script you are using, and what you get when
you run it. Also, as a debugging aid, get your script to say what
it's doing, so for example in shell script, where you have (say) :
   rrdtool create ${db} ${args}
add :
   echo rrdtool create ${db} ${args}

That way you (and we) can see what the script is actually asking
rrdtool to do, rather than guessing at what we thing it *should* be
doing - they could (and often are in these cases) somewhat different.

Btw - this page might be useful to you :

Simon Hobson