[rrd-users] monthly display problem

jojoseb joachim.sebbag at gmail.com
Tue Jul 26 13:29:08 CEST 2011

Hi, I'm an intern and I have been working with rrdtool since 2 months.
I'm facing a little problem due to the fact that the step is fixed in rrd
tool.
I want to create a graph showing monthly values, the problem is that I don't
know what step I need to write in rrdtool graph, because months haven't all
the same time (28,29,30,31 days...)
One solution I have found is to create 12 new rrd files doing the average of
each month, create a new file with the new values and graph it.
Maybe you may have a better solution for me ?
sorry for my bad English... and thank you for you're help !
cheers, Joachim