[rrd-users] xff

Alex van den Bogaerdt alex at vandenbogaerdt.nl
Wed Jun 22 03:44:10 CEST 2011

> Hello All,
>
> Can I know more about xff factor? My requirement is as follows:
>
> step:300
> heartbeat:600
> Archive:1 month data which should be either 1 or 0.
>
> Say if i receive data at 4 th minute, i want it be stored as only 0 or 1
> and
> not anything in between. I have tried various combination but could not
> succeed.Please help...

xff is not relevant here, you already know.

store only 1 or 0: feed only 1 or 0, use timestamps instead of "N", use
step==1, use the LAST consolidation type, use 300 steps per CDP (per row),
8928 rows.

you want to know at which minute you received something? Then you let go
of the requirement that you want to consolidate 300 seconds into one
interval. Just (also, in another RRA) store every second. Only 2678400
rows, no problem.

HTH
Alex