[rrd-users] Possible Bug?

Chris Carpenter mordocai at gmail.com
Thu Mar 31 19:06:14 CEST 2011

Hey Karl,

I'm not sure exactly what the symptom was that caused the segfault/crash but
the solution/cause was as you suggested, to reduce the number of rows. I had
assumed that the way rows worked was like in a spreadsheet/database where
each row is a specific instance of data. I'd assume that since it does
indeed work to store so much data without an increase in the number of rows,
then a row must mean something else in a rrd file?

In any case, I have tried doing the rrdtool graph command from outside cacti
and (with the old graph that had too many rows) it has the same issue, so it
doesn't appear to be anything directly to do with cacti.

Thanks for helping me fix my issue!
Chris Carpenter

P.S. I'm perfectly willing to help as much as I can if the developers do
want to look into fixing the crashing at the code level, even though it
isn't necessary to fix my particular problem.