[rrd-users] Possible Bug?

Karl Fischer rrd-users at ficos.de
Thu Mar 31 17:18:43 CEST 2011

Am 31.03.2011 15:57, schrieb Chris Carpenter:
> Hello,
>
> I'm not sure whether your mailing list takes attachments,
> so if you would just go to my cacti forum post

Hi Chris,

I just had a quick look at your post there and tried to reproduce the
error on a freshly installed Debian squeeze but it works just fine
out of the box using rrdtool_1.4.3-1 from the Debian distribution.
(see graph attached)

So this looks like you're hitting a race condition there.
The segfault and the crash is definitely something for the
rrd development team to look into.

Knowing nothing about cacti I'm thinking it might run out of
memory because you increased the number of rows so drastically.

Try the same without changing the row counts (not necessary) ...

- Karl