[rrd-users] Showing the average for a specific time period

Michel de Lange michel_de_lange at yahoo.co.uk
Mon May 9 10:21:52 CEST 2011

Dear experts,

I am monitoring the number of users of applications, and I want to show the actual number and the average number at that point in time. So I have my data every 10 minutes, and I want to show how the data for now compares with the data, which is normal (average), for example, for Monday at 10:20. How do I go about doing that?

I could create variables in the database for this peculiar average, and maintain it myself: Every time I write to the database, I recalculate this average. But I wonder whether RRDtool can do it for me?

With kind regards, and thank you for your attention,

Michel