[rrd-users] Question to experts about RRD data consolidation (building average)

josef nus at gmx.at
Thu Nov 10 16:27:11 CET 2011

Dear experts,
I would like to know your opinion and recommendation regarding basic
summarizing and building average for the vertical direction(multiple RRD's)
and for the horizontal (along the time basis)
I will then adapt this into the pnp4nagios cgi template scripts which i
already have in use for some time. I am having problems realizing below 2
points.

1) calculation of summarize and average for multiple RRD's within a loop.
Dynamicly selecting
    the RRD's is already done.  But how to dynamicly add several DEF[i] into
a summarized
    CDEF variable

2) building averages along the time axis. e.g.  daily average (00:00 -
23:55)  and weekly average for every Monday - Sunday

I would like to calculate by using the existing RRD's which have already
data for nearly 1year collected.
rrd_version = "0003"
step = 60
ds[1].type = "GAUGE"