[rrd-users] RRD: "Error: Cannot create graph"

j.halifax2 at seznam.cz j.halifax2 at seznam.cz
Fri Oct 14 15:48:40 CEST 2011

Dear All,

Thank you so much, Alex for your advice.. The search is also nice.. ;)
I checked the access rights, but they were accessible.

Let me explain the context:

Because of adding new targets I migrated from .log files to .rrd files
(by changing LogFormat only). In my mrtg "mhb.cfg" file there is the
"WorkDir: /var/www/html/MHB" and I can see the .rrd files created
and updating ok there.

I copied that mrtg "mhb.cfg" file to cgi-bin and when I call 14all.cgi?cfg=mhb.cfg
it tries to use /var/www/html/var/www/html/MHB  WorkDir (as for Apache's
error_log)... When I created the required (incorrect) WorkDir, there is no
error message in the error_log but "Error: Cannot create graph" images
are still on the screen.. :(

Why does mrtg use the correct WorkDir but 14all.cgi doesn't?