[rrd-users] compiling rrdtool with all the dependencies

Tobias Oetiker tobi at oetiker.ch
Sat Aug 18 23:12:13 CEST 2012

Re compiling rrdtool (and other things)

I have setup this little github repository where I keep a set of
scripts for compiling 'dependencies'. I use these scripts when
setting up 'self contained' applications at customer sites.

The collection also contains a recipe for rrdtool 1.4.7
which includs building the dependencies as well ...

the magic of the compile scripts lies in the sdbs.inc file which
contains a bunch of methods for makeing compilation tasks rather
simple ...

so to compile your copy of rrdtool try this

  git clone git://github.com/oetiker/sdbs.git sdbs
  cd sdbs
  ./build_rrdtool-1.4.7.sh /opt/rrdtool-1.4.7

I have tested this on ubuntu and redhat, but it might well work on
other unix like systems too.

cheers
tobi