[rrd-users] Yearly (1 Day Average) RRA - MAX CDEF - timezone?

Jon LeBaugh jon.lebaugh at gmail.com
Sun Feb 12 18:42:20 CET 2012

Hello all,

I have an rrd which contains the yearly RRA for some data consisting
of the number of minutes a device has been running each day. This is
reset each night at midnight to 0 by the device being polled. When
graphing the MAX of this value, all is well and good with all graphs
until the Yearly (1 day Average) RRA comes into play. This is what I
managed to figure out.

The issue (I think) is that the MAX cutover, is occuring in UTC. This,
for me (since I am CST), means I will get the maximum of the 24 hour
period between 18:00 the previous day and 18:00 of the current day.
This will end up being the value at midnight CST of the previous day,
or on rare occasions the value at 6PM CST of the current day (if the
device has been running significantly more than the previous day).
(See linked image).

http://forums.cacti.net/download/file.php?id=25415

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get this to cut over at
midnight CST so that the appropriate MAX value is selected?

Thanks!