[rrd-users] Issues compiling RRD Tool for MRG

Amit Jathar amit.jathar at alepo.com
Wed Feb 29 07:04:39 CET 2012

Hi,

Any help ... ?

Thanks,
Amit

From: rrd-users-bounces+amit.jathar=alepo.com at lists.oetiker.ch [mailto:rrd-users-bounces+amit.jathar=alepo.com at lists.oetiker.ch] On Behalf Of Amit Jathar
Sent: Monday, February 27, 2012 12:58 PM
To: rrd-users at lists.oetiker.ch
Subject: [rrd-users] FW: Issues compiling RRD Tool for MRG

Hi,

I am facing following errors while installing rrd tool for mrtg.

----- <SNIP > -----
configure: WARNING:
* I could not find a working copy of glib-2.0. Check config.log for hints on why
  this is the case. Maybe you need to set LDFLAGS and CPPFLAGS appropriately
  so that compiler and the linker can find libglib-2.0 and its header files. If
  you have not installed glib-2.0, you can get it either from its original home on

     ftp://ftp.gtk.org/pub/glib/2.12/

  You can find also find an archive copy on

     http://oss.oetiker.ch/rrdtool/pub/libs

  The last tested version of glib-2.0 is 2.12.12.

       LIBS=-lcairo -lcairo -lcairo -lm  -lwrap -lcairo -lpng12   -lglib-2.0
   LDFLAGS=     -L/lib64
  CPPFLAGS= -I/usr/include/cairo -I/usr/include/libpng12 -I/usr/include/freetype2   -I/usr/include/glib-2.0 -I/usr/lib64/glib-2.0/include

configure: WARNING:
* I could not find a working copy of pangocairo. Check config.log for hints on why
  this is the case. Maybe you need to set LDFLAGS and CPPFLAGS appropriately
  so that compiler and the linker can find libpangocairo-1.0 and its header files. If
  you have not installed pangocairo, you can get it either from its original home on

     http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/sources/pango/1.17

  You can find also find an archive copy on

     http://oss.oetiker.ch/rrdtool/pub/libs

  The last tested version of pangocairo is 1.17.

       LIBS=-lcairo -lcairo -lcairo -lm  -lwrap -lcairo -lpng12   -lpangocairo-1.0 -lpango-1.0 -lcairo -lgobject-2.0 -lgmodule-2.0 -ldl -lglib-2.0
   LDFLAGS=     -L/lib64
  CPPFLAGS= -I/usr/include/cairo -I/usr/include/libpng12 -I/usr/include/freetype2   -I/usr/include/pango-1.0 -I/usr/include/cairo -I/usr/include/freetype2 -I/usr/include/libpng12 -I/usr/include/glib-2.0 -I/usr/lib64/glib-2.0/include

configure: error: Please fix the library issues listed above and try again.
----- <SNIP > -----

I have installed all the necessary packages already.

[root at fjsusas0 rrdtool-1.4.5]# yum list glib  glib-devel  cairo  cairo-devel  pango pango-devel
glib.i386                                                               1:1.2.10-20.el5                                                             installed
glib.x86_64                                                             1:1.2.10-20.el5                                                             installed
glib-devel.i386                                                            1:1.2.10-20.el5                                                          installed
glib-devel.x86_64                                                          1:1.2.10-20.el5                                                          installed
cairo.i386                                                                1.2.4-5.el5                                                               installed
cairo.x86_64                                                              1.2.4-5.el5                                                               installed
cairo-devel.i386                                                             1.2.4-5.el5                                                            installed
cairo-devel.x86_64                                                              1.2.4-5.el5                                                            installed
pango.i386                                                           1.14.9-8.el5.centos.3                                                          installed
pango.x86_64                                                         1.14.9-8.el5.centos.3                                                          installed
pango-devel.i386                                                        1.14.9-8.el5.centos.3                                                       installed
pango-devel.x86_64                                                      1.14.9-8.el5.centos.3                                                       installed

Also, I have set the path as :-
PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/usr/lib/pkgconfig/:/usr/lib64/pkgconfig/:/usr/local/src/

I am attaching the config.log that is created while compiling.

Please help to get through the installation.
Thanks in advance.

Thanks,
Amit

This email (message and any attachment) is confidential and may be privileged. If you are not certain that you are the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately by replying to this message, and delete all copies of this message and attachments. Any other use of this email by you is prohibited.