[rrd-users] Incremental backup rrd file

Steve Shipway s.shipway at auckland.ac.nz
Tue Jul 17 05:44:33 CEST 2012

I have a patch for rrdcached I n1.4.trunk that allows chaining, IE, you
write to rrdcached on machine A, it writes to RRD files on machine A, but
also copies the update on to rrdcached on machine B which updates
corresponding RRD files there as well.

However this is not yet fully tidied up and integrated with trunk, due to
questions about how it should behave if machine B is down, and what it
should do with the other functions (create, info, fetch, etc)

Might be worth revisiting… Ive not been able to look at it for many months
due to work pressures.

Steve

  _____

Steve Shipway