[rrd-users] Standard Deviation Graph

Sooraj S s.sooraj2012 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 18 18:55:22 CEST 2012

Hi Everyone,
 I'm new to rrdtool and this users list. I have a task in my hand for which
i would like to get your valuable suggestions. I have a data pipeline to
monitor. I will be storing the sent, received_good values for every minutes
in an rrd for each server. I would like to plot a Standard Deviation Graph
for this system (also an alerting system) which compares this hour's data
(sent and received data will be considered seperately for monitoring) with
historic data for the same hour (like prevoius day same hour, previous week
same day same hour, previous month same day same hour, prev year same day
same hour). As of my understanding rrd averages the old data. So what would
be the best strategy for me here ? Also like to know from you the use cases
of Standard deviation in rrd.

---
Thanks,
Sooraj