[rrd-users] RRDs::graph: lost points on resulting graph

Steve Shipway s.shipway at auckland.ac.nz
Wed May 9 00:34:53 CEST 2012

> Why the graphs built by rrdtool command and RRDs API look different?

Are you completely certain that the versions of rrdtool (the executable) and RRDs (the Perl library) are exactly the same?  Use 'rrdtool --version' and 'perl -e "use RRDs;print $RRDs::VERSION;"' to verify.  This might be a cause, particularly if you are using later versions where there is more development.

The graph values look substantially different, though the shapes are similar.  Possibly you have different multipliers or you are using different consolidation functions.  You would need to let us know the structure of your RRD file (what RRAs exist) to be able to deduce this.

> rrdtool command parameters (which give consistent result):
> RRSs code (which gives wrong result):

You seem to have omitted the actual code.  We'd need to see this to comment...

Steve

Steve Shipway
ITS Unix Services Design Lead
University of Auckland, New Zealand
Floor 1, 58 Symonds Street, Auckland
Phone: +64 (0)9 3737599 ext 86487
DDI: +64 (0)9 924 6487
Mobile: +64 (0)21 753 189
Email: s.shipway at auckland.ac.nz
 Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail