[rrd-users] librrds-perl on openwrt

agentm epsg at gmx.net
Wed Oct 3 09:45:37 CEST 2012

Hello Forum,

I am in the process of moving my 1-wire home heating controller from a
PC-based debian system running owfs to a dedicated device: a D-Link router
running OpenWrt backfire.

Ideally, I would like to keep the existing code written in Perl and use it
as is on the router. This way I have - besides less work - the ability to
quickly change back to a PC, or even a Raspberry if need be.

While I could find and install the necessary perlbase modules, I cannot find
the library of RRD which contains the  Perl interface. In Debian it is the
librrds-perl package.

There are numerous packages for OpenWrt around RRD, but I had no luck
finding the perl interface. Has anybody a clue for me?

In a previous  post
<http://rrd-mailinglists.937164.n2.nabble.com/Stuck-with-rrdjig-tool-tp7580163.html;cid=1349248258477-47>
the user also described he couldn't find the appropriate package, but there
was no solution as to where the package could be.

Cheers,

Martin