[rrd-users] librrd docs

Murray S. Kucherawy superuser at gmail.com
Mon Oct 8 23:19:32 CEST 2012

Hi all, just getting started with rrdtool and I'm pretty intrigued by
what it can do.  My particular application is to record flow data and
use the forecasting features to detect cases where the current flow is
outside of the norm.  The specific implementation is a C program in or
near the application layer.

So, the question:  Are there man pages or other documentation for the
parts of librrd that are appropriate for use in other C functions?

Chiefly I'm interested in rrd_fetch_r() to get a single value from
within a runtime filter, and I wonder how stable I can assume that
function is in terms of its availability and change in parameter list.
 But it's not shown in the man page for librrd, for example, so I'm
wondering if I can consider its availability to be reliable in future
versions.

External documentation for how to use rrd_update_r() would also be
great, so that the filter can update the RRD while also checking the
forecasting values in it.

Thanks!

-MSK