[rrd-users] librrd docs

Murray S. Kucherawy superuser at gmail.com
Sun Oct 14 10:23:24 CEST 2012

Hi Tobias,

On Mon, Oct 8, 2012 at 10:40 PM, Tobias Oetiker <tobi at oetiker.ch> wrote:
> there is some extra docus on threadsafe functions in the rrdthreads
> document ... in general, all existing documentation is included
> with the source package ...
>
> And yes, I make sure that the existing api remains intact.

OK, that's a good starting point for this work.  I'm trying to hook a
C program up with librrd to be able to tell if the FAILURES RRA is
presently in a "failed" state (value is 1.0, I presume) by giving
rrd_fetch_r() a start time of now minus the step.  Does that seem
reasonable?

Also, is there a way to configure the FAILURES RRA to fire only when
the reported value exceeds the upper bound?  In this case I only care
about detecting and reporting overloads, not underloads, but there
doesn't appear to be a way to tell the difference, at least not
directly.

Thanks,
-MSK