[rrd-users] Problems after migration from FreeBSD (rrdtool 1.4.5) to Debian (rrdtool 1.4.7)

Dariusz Górecki darek.krk at gmail.com
Fri Oct 12 21:48:15 CEST 2012

Hey,

I have recently migrated very big installation of rrdcached from old
FreeBSD to new Debian.
On BSD the rrdtool/cached version is 1.4.5, and on Debian it is 1.4.7.

We have over 500k+ rrd files and in BSD everything works fine, on
Debian, rrdcached produces strange errors in logfile (and system itself
dosen't scream about it just saliently fails :/ )

I see this msg in log, in a numerous times:

rrdcached[2780]: send_response: could not write status message

And "system" (written in perl) does not complain about it, so I have no
idea on witch files it fails.
I now see "holes" in generated graphs, sometimes it lacks 5min sometimes
1hour is missing in graph.

Is there any way to debug/trace cause of this problem?

cheers,
Darius