[rrd-users] RRD generate lines step sized on future??

Daniel Hilst danielhilst at gmail.com
Tue Sep 4 20:17:27 CEST 2012

When I ran "rrdtool fetch somefile.rrd AVERAGE -s -15m"

The last line is aways STEPSIZE on future and nan.. so if my step is 2
minutes, and the output of fetch is

1346781480: nan
1346781600: nan
1346781720: nan
1346781840: 1.0000000000e+00
1346781960: 1.0000000000e+00
1346782080: nan

^ This epoch is 2 minutes on future.

I'm facing problems with collectd and nagios integration when I change
step from 10 to something greater than 20 secs.. I think that this
"future step" is causing collectd-nagios to misbehave. Is there a way to
configure this rrd's behavior??

I'm thinking here, why would I have an step on future, if it do not
happen yet... is a kind of optimization??

Thanks in advance!
Hilst

--
Follow the white rabbit!