[rrd-users] [unsure] max DS per rrd file

mikel infoeuskadi at gmail.com
Sat Apr 20 13:48:40 CEST 2013

Thanks for your fast reply again.

>Maybe I don't understand what you say here. Some metrics, or all metrics
are
>queried? Both statements cannot be true at the same time?

Yes it is a tricky case. Apologies I was not clear enough.

In most cases all metrics are queried at the same time, because we want to
know what value they had at a given time. And classify them.

Very randomly we would query for just one metric.

>Anyway, if you query only once in a while, maybe you should think about
>reducing the number of RRAs in each RRD, and just let it consolidate at
>graph time. Yes, this will mean you will have to wait longer for your graph
>to be made, but you save processing time at every update.

This is interesting I did not think about that. Thanks for the hint.

Thanks for your help again.