[rrd-users] Merge several rrd into one single rrd

sbe sbe at gmx.de
Fri Jan 18 10:46:19 CET 2013

Hello,

today I have several rrd containing only one DS each. Now I want to merge
all of them (12) into one single rrd, because it's easier to update only one
single file. The names of the DS will be changed. I've found several topic
regarding rrd merge, but none of them solved my problem by now.

What is the best strategy to combine all those rrd into a single one?
Which tool will do the job?

I've tried merge-rrd from the contrib repository, but if fails:

root at host:/merge# ./merged-rrd.py wetter_0x08_o_hum_14.rrd weather.rrd
weather.rrd
WARN: you are trying to overwrite your new rrd:weather.rrd

Thanks for your advise.
Regards
Stefan