[rrd-users] [unsure] How rrdtool will work if there are two or more sample points in one time step

Alex van den Bogaerdt alex at vandenbogaerdt.nl
Sun Jan 27 00:55:58 CET 2013

I believe you say that the following two examples result in different
behaviour:

example 1:
rrdtool update $filename $time1:$rate1 $time2:$rate2 $time3:$rate3
$time4:$rate4 $time5:$rate5

example 2:
rrdtool update $filename $time1:$rate1
rrdtool update $filename $time2:$rate2
rrdtool update $filename $time3:$rate3
rrdtool update $filename $time4:$rate4
rrdtool update $filename $time5:$rate5

where each variable in example 1 is the same in example 2.

I'm very curious for the actual numbers you used and the different outcome.