[rrd-users] rrdtool and SVG output - text is (almost) missing

Tobias Oetiker tobi at oetiker.ch
Thu Mar 7 11:41:10 CET 2013

Hi Martin,

Today Martin Sperl wrote:

> Any Idea how i can fix that? (preferably without having to go thru the
> time-consuming hassle of upgrading all the OS provided libraries manually...)

hmmm ... since rrdtool does not actually have a hand in generating
the svg apart from telling cairo todo so, I guess the easiest test
would be to make sure you have a recent version of cairo running
:-(

just for testing, you might want to use the build_rrdtool-1.4.7.sh
script from

https://github.com/oetiker/sdbs

to build an independant copy of rrdtool and friends
tobi