[rrd-users] Cumulative Moving Average

anylrs1 anylrs1 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 20 11:54:23 CET 2013

Thanks for the detailed reply.

Regarding your last point:
> Again: this said: no system will be able to store unlimited amounts of data.
> So whatever tool you use, there will be some limit, so maybe you can come up
> with a practical limit which is good enough for your purposes.

I'm not interested in unlimited data just one value that is the
average since the beginning the archive creation.
The average would be computed based on the last average, the number of
updates to the average and the next value.

But now I'm beginning to understand that this may not be possible with RRDtool.