[rrd-users] C API for rrdtool

Chris Malton chrism at cmalton.me.uk
Wed Nov 27 12:45:56 CET 2013

Hi Fizza,

On Wed, 27 Nov 2013 16:12:18 +0500, Fizza Hussain wrote:
> For example,
> rrd_create( ) function takes an int and a char string as its
> arguments. i.e. {int rrd_create(int , char **)}.

The full function signature is: int rrd_create(int argc, char **argv)

argc = Count of arguments
argv = Array of char* arguments

> I have previously used rrdtool via CLI and am comfortable with its
> CLI
> commands rrdtool create test.rrd --start 90234 (and so on). Please
> guide me what should be the arguments to the rrd_create( ) function
> provided by C API.

Simply pass the command line as you would to rrdtool, to the rrd_X
functions (if I remember rightly, you need to pass the "create",
"update" etc as well).

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Chris