[rrd-users] The Y-Axis is Displaying an Incorrect Unit

mmartin mmartin at jwpepper.com
Mon Apr 21 22:57:03 CEST 2014

*Update:*
Ok, so I edited my script that sends the data to RRDTool /(*actually data
goes to PnP4Nagios, which in turn sends to RRDTool)/. I simply added a line
to my script to test sending just 'Bytes' instead of 'Kilobytes' just to see
what would happen, and now the Y-Legend displays with the correct Unit of
'G' for Gigabytes. But, is there anyway to make this happen in RRDTool
instead of changing my script to send Bytes instead of Kilobytes?

Lastly, is there anyway to force HRULE to display those CRITICAL and WARNING
values in the Unit that is used on the Y-Axis. For example, I was saying the
Y-Axis is using 'G' now, which is correct, but the HRULE still displays the
data in whichever format I gave the data to it as. In this case Bytes.
Because currently for example the /CRITICAL/ HRULE value is "16642998272
bytes", which gets graphed at the correct location on the graph at '15.5 G',
i.e. Gigabytes which is equivalent to 16642998272 bytes... I could do the
math myself and then manually hard-code in the GB value for the HRULE but if
this same script is used on another server with far less memory, it may make
more sense to use MBs instead...

Does that make sense?

Thanks Again,
Matt