[rrd-users] The Y-Axis is Displaying an Incorrect Unit

Steve Shipway s.shipway at auckland.ac.nz
Tue Apr 22 23:26:51 CEST 2014

Generally speaking, it is better for RRDTool to work in SI units.  Thus,
send in bytes rather than in Kbytes, if possible; otherwise you need this
additional x1024 step.

Although I've used pnp4nagios here, it is a bit awkward to configure, as you
have to create a new template script for each checkcommand in php.  We only
have it installed on our test/dev server and are not using it in production
(we use MRTG there).  The values to PNP (including thresholds etc) are
passed in the XML and arrive as a PHP array, so you can code a loop to
convert each in turn (it's what I've done in some of the trial templates
here).  This is a bit complex for me to go into here though.

Steve Shipway
s.shipway at auckland.ac.nz