[rrd-users] Fetch the time of the first entry

Steve Shipway s.shipway at auckland.ac.nz
Tue Jul 1 06:45:43 CEST 2014

Look in the documentation for 'rrdtool first' and 'rrdtool lastupdate'.
http://oss.oetiker.ch/rrdtool/doc/rrdfirst.en.html
This returns the first (oldest) entry for a given RRA.
http://oss.oetiker.ch/rrdtool/doc/rrdlastupdate.en.html
This returns the last entry time and values
Note that 'rrdtool last' by contrast returns the time of the last update.

Steve

Steve Shipway
University of Auckland ITS
UNIX Systems Design Lead