[rrd-users] Fetch the time of the first entry

Steven Sim unixandme at outlook.com
Tue Jul 1 09:53:18 CEST 2014

Simon;

Thanks for pointing this out!

I intend to process a data file each day but create the rrd database on the
FIRST day of the month.

The creation shall ensure sufficient data points in the first day to
contain the entire month but plot daily graphs until the end of the month,
whereby it will plot the entire month.

Say for example,

If i had a step interval of 15 minutes (900 seconds),

rrdtool create $RRDB --step 900 --start $STARTIME \
DS:......
DS:......
.
.
.
DS:......
DS:......
RRA:AVERAGE:0.5:1:2880

2880 = 24 hours x 4 data points per hour x 30 (thirty days in a month)

4 data points since one hour has 4 data points (15 minutes step).

Would the above be correct?

Deepest Regards
Steven Sim