[rrd-users] wrong rra used

spock collector at sappers.de
Fri Jul 4 14:34:48 CEST 2014

Hello Simon,

I now found the option to specify the resolution of a "DEF" statement.

if I enter in the rrdtool graph command:

        DEF:airavg2=temp_pool.rrd:air:AVERAGE:step=86400 \

The step=86400 option averages the available data for 24h = 86400 secs. This
way I get the desired result (a max temperature, a min temperature and the
average temperature per day).

I am still struggling with the 1h offset, probably cause by the fact, that I
am living in UTC+1 timezone. I will post the solution, if I find it myseld.

Regards,
Spock