[rrd-users] wrong rra used

Steve Shipway s.shipway at auckland.ac.nz
Sat Jul 5 01:04:10 CEST 2014

As far as the 1hr offset (due to all summaries being done in UTC)  goes, there is no in-RRDtool solution.  We're in New Zealand so the offset is 12h or 13h, so it really shows!  If I remember correctly, Tobi mentioned about possibly addressing this issue in RRDTool 1.5 or later; it would probably require a new RRD format as there would be a timezone component to each RRA...

If you really need to work around it, you might be able to extract per-hour data and summarise in your own code, but that still doesn't help for when you want a graph of one CDP per day.

Steve

Steve Shipway
University of Auckland ITS
UNIX Systems Design Lead