[rrd-users] Minimum resolution for fetching data

Steve Shipway s.shipway at auckland.ac.nz
Thu Jul 31 11:07:27 CEST 2014

The minimum resolution you can fetch is the minimum resolution of all the RRAs which completely cover the time window you are asking for.

The minimum resolution of an RRA is 1 interval, and the minimum interval is 1 second.  Both of these are set at RRD creation time, and have an implication on data collection and update frequency.

If you are only getting 1 minute resolution data, I suspect you have a 1minute Interval on your RRD with a count-1 RRA.

Steve

Steve Shipway
University of Auckland ITS
UNIX Systems Design Lead