[rrd-users] Create Graph With Dots Value Only

Alex van den Bogaerdt alex at vandenbogaerdt.nl
Sat Jun 7 04:07:30 CEST 2014

----- Original Message -----
From: "Md. Ali Ahsan Rana" <aliahsanrana at gmail.com>
To: <rrd-users at lists.oetiker.ch>
Sent: Saturday, June 07, 2014 3:46 AM
Subject: [rrd-users] Create Graph With Dots Value Only

> Hello Every One,
>
> I am using rrdtool to generate graph image. However, so far I did able to
> create graph using AREA, STACK and LINE.
>
> However, I was wondering to look for graph plotting of dot values( or
> circle type with specified radius) if possible. Is there any way I can
> achieve this? Can anyone please give me an example link or something?

As far as I know it is not in rrdtool. You can emulate it, using a CDEF,
looking at time modulo a certain value, compare to zero. For instance if
your X-axis is showing hours, you could compare {time modulo 3600} to zero.
Only if it is zero, you copy the rate of the original DEF, else you put
unknown on the stack. Draw a fat line (LINE3) using that cdef value and you
will get short line segments, somewhat resembling what you ask for.

HTH
Alex