[rrd-users] rrdtool for OSX

Simon Hobson linux at thehobsons.co.uk
Wed Mar 12 12:17:33 CET 2014

Khaled Ammar <khaled.ammar at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm trying to use rrdtool with my macbook. The OS version is 10.8.3
>
> I downloaded the most recent stable version and was trying to compile it. ...

Have you considered trying the versions available in Macports or Fink ?

https://www.macports.org/index.php
$ port info rrdtool
rrdtool @1.4.7_5 (net)
Variants:             python25, python26, python27, universal

Homepage:             http://oss.oetiker.ch/rrdtool/

Build Dependencies:   pkgconfig
Library Dependencies: expat, glib2, libiconv, libffi, gettext, pango, perl5, tcl, zlib, libpng, libxml2, intltool
Platforms:            darwin
License:              GPL-2+
Maintainers:          markd at macports.org, openmaintainer at macports.org

http://www.finkproject.org
$ fink describe rrdtool

rrdtool-1.4.4-3: Fixed-size "round-robin" database storage
 RRD is a system to store and display time-series data (i.e. network bandwidth,
 machine-room temperature, server load average).  It stores the data in a very
 compact way that will not expand over time, and it presents useful graphs by
 processing the data to enforce a certain data density.  It can be used either
 via simple wrapper scripts (from shell or Perl) or via frontends that poll
 network devices and put a friendly user interface on it.
 .
 Web site: http://people.ee.ethz.ch/~oetiker/webtools/rrdtool/
 .
 Maintainer: Benjamin Reed <rrdtool at fink.raccoonfink.com>