[rrd-users] Fine grained data collection

Khaled Ammar khaled.ammar at gmail.com
Wed Mar 12 03:48:54 CET 2014

Hi all,

I would like to use Ganglia and rrd to collect system performance metrics
every second and read it by rrdtool APIs to a text file using "fetch".

As far as I know, I need to change the "collect_every" settings in
gmond.conf to be "1" to get data every 1 second. The gmetad.conf has a
prefixed value of 15 seconds though and I can only identify how many "15
seconds" periods is my epoch.

I'm not an expert user of Ganglia but I'm trying to figure my way out.
Could you please help (correct) me?

Thanks,
-Khaled