[rrd-users] Block GPRINT when values not defined?

Steve Shipway s.shipway at auckland.ac.nz
Wed May 14 00:58:40 CEST 2014

So, to generalise this, what you’re asking for is to be able to do a *conditional* GPRINT, maybe by having an additional option that specifies an RPN function, and the GPRINT is only done if said RPN evaluates to non-zero?

This seems a good idea, though it is not currently possible to achieve it with unmodified RRDTool, as far as I know.

I’d like a syntax such as:

GPRINT:myvdef:My value hit max at %c:strftime:onlyif=myvdef,UN,0,1,IF

(since we do not have a NOT statement in RPN (yet) the IF is needed to revers is ‘is unknown’ test)

A secondary improvement would be (as you mentioned) for an Unknown value to print ‘never’ rather than Jan 1st 1970.

Steve

Steve Shipway

s.shipway at auckland.ac.nz