[rrd-users] Start graph at 1st of current month?

SAPPERS Collector collector at sappers.de
Mon Nov 3 10:27:09 CET 2014

I am using in my shell skript:

graph_start_month=$(date --date "$(date "+%Y%m01") 00:00" +%s)

This will give you the unix time (an integer) of the first of the current month.
It will use the timezone of your linux / unix environment.

Example for rrdtool call:

			eval "rrdtool graph tempday.png \
			-t \"am $(date -d @$j '+%A, den %d.%m.%Y')\" \
			-e $(($graph_start_month + 86399)) -s $graph_start_month $graph_defs $graph_caption_past"

Regards,
Spock