[rrd-users] Start graph at 1st of current month?

Petteri Matilainen pmatil at gmail.com
Mon Nov 3 10:11:39 CET 2014

On 3.11.2014 2:52, defkev wrote:
> Hi,
>
> i am looking for the monthly equivalent - if there is any - to the daily
> "midnight" AT-TIME
 >
> but what if i want my graph to start at the 1st of the current month?
> all i could come up with was something like this:
>> start=midnight 01.11
> which will indeed start the graph at the 1st of November, but not very handy
> as i have to modify the RPN for every concurrent month.

Hi,

I use the following way to draw a vertical line (VRULE) to midnight at
my monthly graph.

month=`date +%-d` # Current day of month

if [ $month -eq 1 ]
then
daat=`date -d "" +%s` # If day of month number is 1 then current day is
today
else
month=$(($month -1))
daat=`date -d "$month days ago 00:00:00" +%s` # Else get the first day
of month's time at 00:00:00
fi

I have tested it today and it outputs Sat November 01 00:00 in epoch
format for rrdtool in the variable daat. I'm sure there is a nicer way
to compute this but it seems to work...

regards