[rrd-users] This isn't normalization

Evan Langlois uudruid74 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 24 17:35:16 CEST 2014

Steve,

Thanks for showing me how stupid I am.  All calculations were done in
x1000 and somewhere it wasn't working with the extensions that Cacti has
since it does some weird summation that can't be turned off, so I
switched to GPRINT and I don't know why that wasn't working with the
defaults .. but somewhere I had fixed it, but only after turning on the
"Multiply by 1024" option to change the display from M to G.

Calculations are x 1000, not 1024!  I added an option to multiply by
1000 instead of 1024 and its now giving the right results.   Its one of
those issues where I broke it in one place trying to fix it in another.
Don't know why I didn't see that the results were just over by that
little amount, but thanks for pointing that out!

-- Evan