[rrd-users] [GRAYMAIL] Re: RE: RE: Question about trend line

Robert C. Seiwert rob at vcaglobal.com
Thu Aug 13 15:07:26 CEST 2015

LSL trending is only good for trending linear data. I have trend lines on all my graphs by default and find them useful even when the data is not linear.
If the data you are trending is total MB in the last 30 days until you get over 30 days of data the trend will be invalid.

Vnstat is great and setting an hrule from the estimate is a great idea. If it were me I would still put a LSLTrend line on the graph just as an aid.